Fruity Pebble Treats
1/4 cup butter
10 oz bag of marshmallows
6 cups Fruity Pebbles
1. Grease a 9x13 pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Add marshmallows to melted butter. Stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted.
4. Add Fruity Pebbles to the marshmallow mixture and fold into marshmallow mixture. The mix will stick together and be difficult to stir, just keep stirring and folding until the Fruity Pebbles are fairly evenly coated.
5. Turn Fruity Pebbles out of the pot, into the 9x13 pan and lightly press into the pan with a lightly greased spoon or spatula. You can also do this with your fingers, but you'll need to grease your fingers first or the marshmallow will stick to you.
6. Let cool for about an hour before cutting and serving. If it is hot and humid, it may take longer to set.
7. These can be cut into individual serving sizes (sadly, 9"x13" isn't a proper serving size) and wrapped in wax paper to keep them from sticking to each other. Store in an air-tight container.
I quite like these with a large glass of milk. It's all the sweet, crunchy deliciousness of Fruity Pebbles, without getting soggy in the bowl. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add any breakfast cereal to this to make it your favorite treat.
Why do you have left overs? Eat and share them now!